Here at Idlewild Spirits Distillery, we are a from-scratch kitchen so basic knowledge of cooking is key! We expect an exciting and busy winter and are looking for some awesome and motivated to join our kitchen team. You would be working under Executive Chef Peter Resto, who thrives on passion and the selected candidate should love cooking and not just feel like "it's another job." Collaborating is key and we want someone that has ideas and is not afraid to try something new and creative. We thrive on quality ingredients. We also work on trying new ways to integrate ingredients used in the distilling process into our food. And most importantly, we love to have fun!
If you are interested in joining the Idlewild team, please send your resume to us using the Craigslist email button. We are looking for an individual who loves the lifestyle of small-town mountain living. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
Availability on weekends is mandatory. This job could potentially lead to a sous chef position.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive (or sous chef’s) instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Idlewild Spirits is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers