compensation: Dependent on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
St. Vincent Hospital, located in Leadville, Colorado, is seeking a Full-Time Housekeeper. Must be motivated and a strong team player! For more information on the hospital please visit www.svghd.org.
No environment requires more cleanliness than that of a hospital. The chance of infections from hospital waste and other sources is huge. Hospital housekeepers maintain a sterile environment throughout the hospital that they are working for. They make beds, handle waste management duties and replenish linen along with a bevy of other housekeeping duties.
Hospital housekeepers clean patient rooms, emergency room units, administrative offices and restroom several times a day to keep infection and disease at bay. They also polish furniture, vacuum carpets and distribute clean linen and hospital gowns in their assigned areas. Employment requirements for hospital housekeepers include a high school diploma at the very least; they also need to be physically dexterous as there is a lot of lifting, bending and stooping involved in this work.
Hospital Housekeeping Duties and Responsibilities
• Clean hospital floors and surfaces using predefined cleaning methods and procedures
• Mix appropriate quantities of cleaning liquids and chemicals in accordance with state safety regulations
• Dust, mop and sweep patients' room, nurses and surgical units and administrative offices
• Make beds using clean and disinfected linen and replenish supplies such as towels, blankets, soaps and shampoos
• Clean and disinfect patients bathroom and public restrooms
• Clean mirrors and windows along with polishing fittings and fixtures
• Collect dirty laundry from patients' rooms and deliver them to washing areas
• Distribute clean linen and hospital / surgical gowns to appropriate floors
• Take and address patients' complaints regarding housekeeping services
• Empty trash receptacles and ensure proper compaction of surgical waste according to hospital policies
• Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment
• Inform housekeeping supervisor of any cleaning equipment that may need repair or replacement
• Inform housekeeping supervisor about any building hazard and assist in addressing it
• Maintain a clean and organized storage area for cleaning equipment and supplies
• Maintain adequate stock of cleaning supplies
Interested candidates should respond to this ad with resume and 3 references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers