One of Idlewild Spirits' distillers has decided to wander down a different road in life, so we are seeking another part time Still Hand for help with production. Brewing or distilling experience is a positive, but not required.
We are located in Winter Park, so there will be plenty of opportunity to play. Work life balance is very important to all of us, and we are looking for additional staff who will bring their own individual flavor to the mix. Right now we are trying to fill an AM position, but this will be flexible as more knowledge is learned. This position will have the exciting opportunity to work directly with the owner/ head distiller to help shape Idlewild Spirits into the best it can be!
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly pay with lots of room for growth
- Opportunity to have an important role in a rapidly growing startup business
- Career advancement opportunities as new staff are brought on
- Team oriented
- Self motivated
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Operating various parts of the distilling apparatus, from the grain mill to the mash tun to the still itself. Many of these can be dangerous, so the candidate should be safety oriented.
- Following the methods/instructions of a recipe accurately.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the facility and equipment.
- Maintain appropriate brand image and standards.
- Follow all federal/state codes and regulations (prior knowledge is not necessary, candidate will be trained).
It is a lean operation as things get started, so the candidate selected for the position must be willing to participate in other aspects of the business such as working directly with customers (we give unscheduled tours occasionally) and day to day operations during busy times. A flexible attitude, resourcefulness and strong people skills are an absolute must!
To apply, please send your resume to us with two or three references and a quick paragraph about why you believe you would be a good fit for this position based on your experience and interests.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers