compensation: $13 to $15 per hour depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mechanic Helper / Shop and Yard Utility Labor / Oiler for contracting company, with work assignment located near Dumont, Colorado, in the heart of Colorado's mountain recreation. Responsibilities include:
1) Assist mechanics and electricians with repair of heavy equipment.
Some previous hands-on mechanical work experience and familiarity with common tools is required.
2) Assist with metal fabrication for equipment repair and contracting project support: layout, cutting, welding, grinding;
3) Clean and lubricate trucks, heavy equipment;
4) Help load and unload materials and equipment.
5) Assist with maintenance of yard and company buildings, including cleanup and organizing;
6) Pickup and delivery of parts and supplies;
7) General: Maintain accurate daily records of work performed on machines, and time and materials used. Have and maintain a valid Colorado Class C driver's license with good driving record. Be able to work in awkward positions under, around and over equipment and in outdoor weather conditions, lift 75 pounds, and manipulate tools as required. Ability to punctually work scheduled hours with regular attendance. Accept supervision and direction from management and comply with company policies. Be able to get along with others in workplace. Looks out for company's best interest when making decisions. Approaches work with sense of urgency and positive energy.
We are looking for an honest and bright person with a strong work ethic and significant recent previous related experience who is capable of functioning well in a multitasking setting with minimal guidance.
A hands-on mechanical knowledge & skills test, drug test and background/credit record check are required. Trade school or apprenticeship or previous underground mine or heavy equipment maintenance experience in an industrial environment would be a strong plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience- starting pay in range of $13 to $15 per hour.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers