compensation: Competitive Pay plus multiple incentives and company-wide discounts on travel and retail employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring safety of guests, visitors, employees, property and equipment, in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company's expected high quality standards and Count On Me philosophy. He/She will patrol assigned area(s), observe, report and be prepared to appropriately respond to any/all emergency situations. The Security Officer will adhere to the company's safety program and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring safety and preserving property throughout the resort: Watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, site and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders as required. - - Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approach suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive. - - Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations. Examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; monitor closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities. Prepare routine, standardized reports. Provide escorts as necessary. Inform and warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. Perform periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required. (65% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (10% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
- Build a "Count On Me" Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham's Count On Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
c) Knowledge and skills
Detail oriented with organizational skills
Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
Ability to read, write and comprehend routine instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form, short correspondence and memos
Ability to give high priority to customer service
Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
Ability to walk and climb stairs.
Ability to walk extended periods of time.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions, adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
Ability to react according to SOP in emergency situations.
Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
Skill in operating portable radio devices.
Be an effective team member and courteous telephone manners
Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
d) Technical Skills
Use of PC or hand held tablet devices
Skilled in use of two way radio
e) Job experience
One year related security experience
Benefits of working with Wyndham Vacation Rentals include:
-BRAND NEW HOUSING AVAILABLE in Fairplay, CO!
-Ski pass or rec pass reimbursement
-Generous PTO (Year round employees)
-Tuition reimbursement (Year round employees)
-Medical, Dental, 401K, etc. (Year round employees)
-Thousands of travel and retail discounts through the Wyndham Nation network;
-Employee referral bonuses;
-and so much more!